Real Estate Designations
What is ABR? CRS? CLHMS? During your search for a REALTOR®, you have probably come across many of these acronyms, but what do they mean? Each abbreviation represents a real estate designation, meaning the person holding these distinctions has gone above and beyond what is needed to get and maintain a real estate license. They have taken additional courses, classes and exams to earn these designations and provide their clients with more experience and resources. Read below for more information on the designations earned by The Kristan Cole Team.
ABR: An Accredited Buyer Representative is a salesperson who is qualified to provide buyer representation and who is familiar with buyer brokerage and buyer agency issues. To get and maintain this designation, an agent is required to complete a 12-hour course, be an active member in Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council (REBAC), and have five or more documented sales during the previous 18-month period. The Buyer Representatives on The Kristan Cole Team sell an average of 25 properties per year.
CCIM: A Certified Commercial Investment Member is a specialist in the commercial real estate and investment market. A CCIM can provide valuable information to anyone buying, selling or investing in commercial real estate. This designation is presented by the Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute (CIREI) after the agent completes a graduate-level course of study and has applied this knowledge in the field. Kristan is one of the only two CCIMs in the Mat-Su Valley.
CLHMS: A Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist is a member of The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing. Members of this organization have demonstrated their skills and expertise in the luxury home market as well met rigorous performance guidelines, including selling luxury homes over $500,000.
|CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert®) - Foreclosure wrecks havoc on families, finances, and believe it or not, health. Real estate agents who earn the CDPE designation from the Distressed Properties Institute understand the delicacy of the situation. Agents are experts in helping clients review their options and how to implement effective strategies, reveal short sales and discuss how foreclosure affects credit rating. |
CRS: A Certified Residential Specialist is the "master's degree of residential real estate.” Every CRS must have a proven track record in the business, as well as additional education courses in finance, technology, marketing and other real estate-related subjects. This designation is presented by the Residential Sales Council.
REALTOR®: A REALTOR® is a real estate licensee and a member of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) who has agreed to abide by the high ethical standards set by NAR. Not every real estate agent is a REALTOR®. Look for the REALTOR® logo or ask an agent if they are a REALTOR®.
Howard Brinton Star Power Star: The "Star Power" organization is a hand-picked group of approximately 150 of the most successful REALTORS® in the country. "Stars" typically average more than 200 transactions per year and have the opportunity to share their knowledge and experience with other “Stars” through various conferences and summits.
Each Allen F. Hainge CyberStar® is a leading sales associate in his or her marketplace. A CyberStar® must adhere to four basic standards before selection. First, the associate must complete 50 or more transactions or $5+ million in closed volume during the past year. Secondly, the associate must have a professionally designed custom website. The associate must also have demonstrated commitment to using technology in their marketing efforts. And finally, they must be willing to share real estate technology and ideas with other CyberStars® through efforts online and during various CyberStar® meetings.
Kristan Cole - Business Experience & Achievements
Kristan Cole has an impressive list of credentials and experience to better serve her buyers and sellers in the Wasilla, Palmer, Eagle River, Anchorage and Girdwood real estate markets. Below are her professional and personal achievements.
Business and Community Involvement
- The Alaska Fund Trust, Trustee, April 2009 – 2011
- Director for Keller Williams Commercial and member of the Commercial Leadership Council, CLC 2010 and 2011
- CREW (Network of Comm’l Real Estate Women) Alaska, President, October 6, 2008 – to date
- Creamery Corporation Board Member & Chair, June 18, 2007 – September 1, 2009
- Board of Agriculture & Conservation, Board Member & Chair, June 18, 2007 – September 1, 2009
- Alaska Royalty Oil and Gas Development Advisory Board Member May 22, 2007 – March 1, 2011
- Frontiersman Reader’s Choice Award, Best Real Estate Agent 2004 – 2006
- Giving Back Program, Premier Community Citizenship 2006 – to date
- National Leadership Conference Instructor, Star Power 2005 – to date
- Annual Coat and Blanket for Kids Drive by The Kristan Cole Team 2005 – to date
- Free Community Moving Truck provided by The Kristan Cole Team 2000 – to date
- Awards $2500 in scholarships annually to Mat-Su Valley high school seniors
- Contributor and Promoter of the Children’s Miracle Network 2000 – to date
- Member Operating Board of Directors, Providence Hospital 1999 – 2001
- Honored by Alaska Legislature for illustrating how American values, hard work, and knowledge encourage the best to rise to the top in the market economy 1998
- Realtor of the Year, Valley Board of Realtors 1996
- Commission Member of the Alaska Real Estate Commission, May 1993 – January 1996
- Member and Past President Operating Board of Directors, Valley Hospital, April 1993 – September 2001
- Board Member, Agricultural Revolving Loan Fund, May 1992 – May 1993
Business & Community Achievements
- Currently REO Broker for Bank of America, Freddie Mac, Chase, Citi, HUD, Wells Fargo, Alaska USA, and VRM;
- Past REO Broker 1986-1992 for First National Bank of Alaska, FDIC, Home Saving Financial, First Federal Savings & Loan, United Bank Alaska, National Bank of Alaska, Fannie Mae. Processed, sold & closed over 400 REO’s
- Top 50 Teams in Keller Williams International
- National Leadership Instructor for Star Power, 2005 – to date
- Top RE/MAX Realtor for Alaska 1998, 2000, 2002 – 2006, 2008
- Top 100 Internationally Residential Division RE/MAX International 2001, 2003 – 05
- Top 50 Internationally Commercial Division RE/MAX International 2001, 2004 – 2005
- CLHMS Designation, Certified Luxury Home Market Specialist awarded 2004
- Selected 1 of 12 National Star Power Stars, Howard Brinton Star Power 2003
- ABR Designation, Accredited Buyer’s Representative awarded 2003
- CRS Designation, Certified Residential Specialist awarded 1999
- CCIM Designation, Certified Commercial Investment Member awarded 1996
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) 1995, University of Alaska Southeast
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (BBA) 1992, University of Alaska Southeast
- 30 plus years in Real Estate in Alaska, May 1984 - to date
- Vice President of Mega Agent Expansion, Keller Williams Internation, 2013 - to date
- Regional Director, Southwest Region, Keller Williams International, 2011-2013
- Broker in Alaska, 1986 - to date
- Owned and sold 2 RE/MAX franchises
- Partner of Keller Williams of Wasilla Business Center, March 2009 - to date
- Broker in Charge, The Kristan Cole Team Branch Office Keller Williams Realty, Alaska Group; March 2009-to date
- Miss Alaska 1982, preliminary to Miss America
- Licensed Small Engine Aircraft Pilot
- Golfer and NFL football fan
- Marathon Runner for Charity Teams
- Mother of 5 / Grandmother